Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Canvas Bag Project


You always need to name your pieces:
1) Pink/Green = Shakespeare in Love
2) Blue/Brown = Tokyo Madness
I began with:
2 large natural canvas bags/unbleached/prewashed
6 Fabric acrylic paint
1 Clear stamp base
3 sets of stamps/6 pieces each
I laid out the pieces on the canvas and designed my pattern since the stamps are all individual pieces. For "Shakespeare in Love" I chose to do 2 separate colors. But I wanted to experiment more on "Tokyo Madness" so I began mixing colors.
Major FAIL moment:
Overall the project was easy because you have very easy applications. So all you need is creativity since its the same as composing new form of art. BUT BUT BUT I underestimated the technicality of stamping with acrylic.
1) Its messy
2) Crease of the bag
*I'M PLANNING ON USING STENCIL AND FABRIC STAMP INK NEXT TIME to control the smudge and execution.
**I'M ALSO PLANNING ON CREATING MY OWN STAMPS on foam boards.

No comments: